Sunday 31 December 2006

WatchingDVDsQuickly

Fairly recently I got myself a Panasonic DVD recorder with a harddrive, so I could record TV progs without being hassled by using the VCR in conjungtion with my DVD player. (Although that there's nothing nowadays to watch on TV is a secondary consideration...)

The model I link to above is the newer version, but one thing I really like is the ability to put on the subtitles, then switch on to about 1.5x speed, which still plays sound and shows subtitles (although it does make people sound like they're speaking some foreign language). This means that you can watch shows/movies/etc in about 3/4 of the time. Sweet!

Some of you may be wondering: why do this? Don't you want to enjoy the show properly? Need I point out to you that some shows, eg. Lost, enjoy long slow pans and slowly unfolding scenes and you just want them to GET ON WITH IT? Or commentaries are interesting, but you do have better things to do than to listen to every second... it really is useful being able to get through these things in less time.

No comments: