Sunday 25 March 2007

XP Or Die Trying

There was an old third person game called O.D.T. (from "Escape... Or Die Trying"). Basically a sci-fi dungeon crawl as you try to get enough gas canisters to get the ship you work on off the tower and back on course. There was an actual plot concerning pearls of power, and a level you could only access on Hard but as long as one cheats you can get there... wait, I didn't say cheat, did I?

(Actually, at the end of the last level you could get a cheat code from the game itself to access various bonuses!)

Unfortunately, thanks to Micro$oft's drive for viral infestation, I can no longer play this game on my computer. There's not even a patch or anything. In fact, there's a definitive page saying that there's no way to get ODT to run on XP. :( [For me, it wouldn't recognise the CD drive and it needs to run off the CD.]

There does look to be a demo available, not sure yet how playable it is...

Although I enjoyed it, it doesn't seem to be a big name elsewhere. Given the prevalence of people putting game runs on YouTube, I thought I would be able to find something there, but could only find this grab, from someone who didn't really know what they were doing:



If the demo works well, and I can work out how to do it, I might record proper level runs and upload them myself.

No comments: