Saturday 14 April 2007

Slow reader?

Some of you may have noticed that it was just over a week between my review of the first and second Torchwood books. Considering that I posted those reviews as soon as I had finished the books, what the heck is up with that? Am I just that slow?

Allow me (and, to be honest, you can't stop me :P ) to discuss my reading, and relevant other, habits.

When at home, I have so much media of podcasts, DVDs, other audio files, TV shows that I *ahem* acquired, that I don't have time to read when there's so much other stuff to get through! And, when I go to bed at night, I have a second book I read from before putting the light out (currently "the magic numbers of the professor").

At work, I'm, well, working. During lunch I might get a chance to read, but I don't take a lot of time for lunch as I'm more about getting away early on Friday (and by 'early' I mean 2pm!) so that means working a lot during the other days.

This leaves travelling time. That's when I really read, while sitting on the bus. However, I also listen to my podcasts (currently working my way through the World's Largest Dungeon) and might be too distracted by that to read.

(And to say nothing of the time I want to spend writing, as well as working on con activities [See the new timetable!], etc...)

Am I slow? Possibly, but not because I take my time with the page...

No comments: