Monday 2 July 2007

Now that's hideously expensive!

I buy plenty of DVDs, and, moreover, I like Mystery Science Theatre 3000, and buy DVDs of that. Currently, they are producing packs of four episodes per pack, and they have just released volume 11.

Obviously there are 10 volumes before that, and I now have them all. However, the last one I just got was slightly more than typical.

Volume 10 features the episodes of Godzilla vs Megalon, Swamp Diamonds, The Giant Spider Invasion and The Teen-Age Strangler. Great movies all (yeah, right).

However, that first one wasn't exactly allowed to be released, and Rhino (the distributors) had to pull the boxset because of the resultant rights issues. This immediately makes the items rare. And rare items are, of course, expensive.

The usual price of these sets are around $US35. I got mine through eBay, and paid around $US180! And the price is still going up! Now, that's incredible!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OUCH!

Jamas Enright said...

Should have gotten two, 'cos then I could have later sold the second to pay for both! ;)

Anonymous said...

And this is all for one movie that they didn't have the rights to release? Wow, crazy. I guess it can happen with anything when it's rare - I understand tea cake in China (or is it Japan) is worth a lot at the moment.

Jamas Enright said...

Seller's market, man, seller's market.