Wednesday 29 August 2007

Not-blue moon!

The clouds haunted the day, but finally cleared at night enough to give a brilliant view of the moon (although scattered cloud continued to fight)...

It might not sound that exciting, seeing a red moon (and it is definitely reading as red), but... it's just cool! Unfortunately, I can't show you what I saw, because I don't have a digital camera. (And a time lapse movie would have looked great...) But just after the moon finished being eclipsed...the clouds won.

Probably be something on YouTube later...

[END]

3 comments:

Peter A said...

I thought I was going to get to see Old Red properly last night for a few hours. Everything was going well - the shadow moved up until only the top banana was visible through the cloud and then... and then... nothing.

Agghhh. Still, I have 2000's one to remember.

Jamas Enright said...

Yeah, kinda disappointing. Are videos on YouTube, but mainly from America, which didn't get a proper view.

Anonymous said...

I saw it very clearly just up from Aro St. Got some digi photos too but alas, with only a 10x zoom it's just not enough (and really need a tripod to do it justice...my hand shakes too much!)