Thursday 25 October 2007

Oh no, it isn't!

Okay, I read the newspaper online, and while away haven't been reading (can't be bothered with internet cafe and the like). So I finally get around to looking at the DomPost site, and what do I see?

Stone with picture of the Virgin Mary on it!

What? WHAT???

No it doesn't! Not even slightly! Yes, as they say in the article, no-one knows what she looks like, but the most commonly accepted images look nothing like this! I might be able to get a hat and outfit in the style of the 1920s, but that's about it.

One word explains all of this, has come up before, and will come up again: pareidolia

[END]

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks more like an Absorbaloff in a hat to me.

Anonymous said...

More importantly...guess who has been voted number 4 in the world's unsexiest woman list?

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, check this out

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4250317a4560.html

Jamas Enright said...

Yeah there's a whole barrage of delusional viewing now. (And why aren't the rationalists speaking up?)

And yes, I saw about the other Madonna... I can see their point, even though they are completely and totally WRONG!

Anonymous said...

Well, my partner was going to vote for Madonna when she thought it was for the most sexiest woman...the best out of band bunch I think were her exact words. She didn't actually vote though...