Sunday 16 December 2007

3D is No-D

The big excitement over the wunderbar Beowulf movie is that, in some locations, it is playing in Dolby 3-D. Which thought meant really good sound, but is visual 3-D, ala those classic movies with lots of monsters reaching out to the audience.

Now, while this is a cool thing, it kinda bites for me. As I wear glasses, and 3-D glasses(*) need to go in front, I have trouble at the best of times trying to get the 3-D effect to work. Even still images are a problem!

So, no sword swinging in my face for me. :(

(*)Get them for "free" at the theatre as long as you hand them back. If you damage them... $80!!

[END]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could always make your own if you are worried about damaging them...I guess the only way that could happen is if you accidentally sit on them. Are they just card glasses or something more substantial?

Jamas Enright said...

Didn't see the glasses, but doubt they are really work $80. (And there are two different types now, generally. The red/blue ones, and the light polarised ones (aka like sunglasses with a lens missing).)

And not much point making my own, as they don't work for me.