Monday 21 January 2008

Day Two

...of Kapcon, three more games.

Game Four: Memento Mori. This was one heck of a confusing game. I needed a score card to keep up with what was going on (which I didn't have, and thus...). Not much on the role-playing side, it has to be said, it was more "here are missions for your group to do". But we had fun with that, so it was all good.

Game Five: It's Glargle Past Threep. We are the Time Police! Fear us! But what until we've filled up form P-17... and B/3/Gamma... and... yeah, we're the time police, fear us... Lots of fun, and great in-character moments. We did save the day, if not our careers...

Game Six: Games on Demand. In all rounds, the GoD stream was such that people turned up, decided what they wanted to play collectively, and then, boom, a game of that happened. I was concerned that I might end up in something too story-telly (which might have burnt out any creativity I had at the time), but we ended up playing The Farm. You wake up as a Resident at the Farm. In six weeks, you will be eaten... Now, we didn't quite get the atmosphere going due, because it's supposed to be creepy psychological horror... but we had fun! I did get a decent enough death, finally.

I'm definitely doing this again...

[END]

2 comments:

Morgan Davie said...

Really glad you had a good time. Good to see you there, maybe we'll end up crossing game paths next time?

Aside: I think I'm on the playtest list for the new Doctor Who RPG; they haven't actually confirmed it officially but I've received and signed the NDA and had a few other emails, so...

Jamas Enright said...

I really should get off my butt and go to WARGS sometime...

Ooohh... yes, we are waiting to see the new DW RPG...