Wednesday 5 March 2008

Jump Up My...

Frankly, I went in expecting bad things (not helped by this review), already doubting the movie just from the trailer I saw. And, yep, Jumper is, simply, a bad movie.

The story is a mess, which doesn't really have a point to make. It just has this gimmick (people who can teleport anywhere) and attempts to show them, indeed, teleporting everywhere. And getting into fights (with a group that are amazingly fleshed out motive-wise - they kill Jumpers because teleporting is against god... and that's it).

This is presented with a lot of flashing around, quick camera shots and lots of jump (sic) cuts all over the place to divert the audience's attention from the paucity of the plot... I mean, to show how exciting the Jumper life is.

Meh. I saw this in Reading's Digital cinema, so I could see the suckiness in complete clarity. Go in with your eyes open and you might get away without being too offended.

[END]

No comments: