Sunday 22 June 2008

Middleman

Another new series, The Middleman, has hit the TV screens... as they say, you only get to make a first impression once.

I'm not saying it's bad. It's... cute. They've got their geek references down pat, and, basically, the style of the show is very much akin to Men In Black (this is the standard reference to what this show it like, but it's largely valid).

However, I don't really respond to cute. I need something else. Preferably more depth (although some other new shows with depth may not meet my interest either. Eh, I'm fickle). Fine, I'm biased entirely by the first episode (and, yes, pilots are made to be sold), and the later episodes might be better, but... I'm still not entirely convinced by it.

I'm going to continue watching, but in a very lazy, laid back way (ie. not seek out new episodes but watch them if someone else hands them to me), but it's going to have to beef up its game for me to really get into it.

[END]

No comments: