Friday 25 July 2008

The Mole Inside...

The fifth season of the US version of The Mole is currently playing. I have to admit, this is one of the two "reality" TV shows I actually do watch (the other being Treasure Island), as I like the puzzle side of it as well as the social psychological collapse generated by the producers.

Of course, the point of The Mole is to guess... who is the Mole? (Well, preferably not guess, but work it out.) With seven weeks down, there are only two episodes of game left (with one episode of "let's all get together and see how the Mole worked") so it must be obvious by now who the Mole is...

(Rest is hidden from the main page as spoilers for those who want to see the series without giving anything away, although at the time of this post, there are still episodes to go, so I can't reveal who the winner is, as I don't know!)

So far, I'm not doing too well. My first pick (Kristen) got executed a few weeks ago, and my new choice (Clay) went in the latest episode. Sigh. The most obvious Mole is Nicole, but if so, she is playing a very obvious game. Double bluff? Yeah, to be honest, I am largely just guessing here, and I'm not the one stuck in the stressful situation trying to work out what's going on!(*)

A few weeks ago, there was an execution... and a bribe! I have to admit, if I had been there, I would have hesitated the first round... but then taken the (more) money the second time. Well played Ali!

It's all very intriguing, and I'm enjoying it a lot. Still, never get me watching Survivor or Great Race though...

(*) A point some times made towards RPG podcasts with "backseat" players having a far easier experience that the actual players at the time...

[END]

No comments: