Sunday 3 August 2008

A two-thirds trifecta

I spent the day yesterday playing roles. For some of the time, at least.

First up was a game in the Demon Hunters system, which is rather amusing take on the whole demon hunting (duh!) angle. I was Ned, and he was dead. A zombie that is. Special ability: taking damage. (Which I did. A LOT! Got quiet annoying that I had no actual offensive abilities.) Lots of fun was had, and we might meet that syphilitic ninja vampire (which is far deadly than a mere ninja vampire) again some day...

Second I didn't play, as the game I put my name in for was canceled due to lack of players. Instead, I played a board game, Pillars of the Earth. Interesting game, definitely some different tacks that could be taken. The aim is to get as many points as possible, which can be gotted either directly or through resources. I tried for the direct route, and while I was ahead for most of the game, ended up third.

Third was Murder Most Mysterious, which was basically Cluedo. We took on members or visitors to the household where the man (my character's father) was murdered and we tried to solve it. The murderer is random for every game, but in true classic style it did turn out that, yes, the butler did it.

On the future gaming front, there is Fright Night, played on October 25th. During Armageddon... DAMMIT! There are some great games being played then, but I'll probably be in Auckland seeing Adam West...

[END]

No comments: