Thursday 23 October 2008

Schooling TSV 60

Since Paul has been a bit busier than usual, after a gap, we present TSV 60! And I have more than a few influences in this issue.

First up, in no particular order, School for Scoundrels, a piece I did with Peter Adamson (which could be read as "a piece Peter did that I inserted a few comments into"). Although I do agree with him that it is largely a dry recitation of facts with little to excite the senses except for a out there piece of theorising (which Gary Russell denied) and artwork by Peter. It was all kicked off by Divided Loyalties and its Year One segment, a terrible book, but one I would reread over touching The Quantum Archangel again (Gary also said that if he had remembered, Anzor would have been in it).

Also I contributed to Radio Rezzie (yay Cheetah!), but really that's all Erato. (And that was an attempt to visually represent the music of the Blue Danube. Artistic challenge, tick!)

More sololy, I wrote the review of The Invasion of Time. Mostly stands up to being readable, but even now could do with another once over. (My reviewing streak really kicks off next issue.)

However, far more work is needed on my The Foundation of Science. Originally a four-part piece that got cut way down, still remains incoherent in parts, even to the writer! (My policy on revising my stuff for the archives is: I wrote what I wrote, so will only correct typos.)

And not just me in this issue. More Andrew Pixley! A discussion of the Benny books! (And I'd like to revisit the range along the lines of other range revisits that have been in the magazine.) Unflappable Tetraps! Ever so subtle nob gags! And more!

(Including far better commentary by Paul and Alden.)

[END]

No comments: