Sunday 18 January 2009

Kapcon 18: Day One

Woo! Kapcon!

Got off to a great start when the GM for the first session I was in didn't turn up (never did find out if they did later). So I went into Games on Demand instead. With all the range of indie games available, I went for... classic D&D, Old Skool Style! How old? Roll a d6 to open doors, that's how old! We went searching for treasure, had four party members die... but we found the treasure! Woo! Apparently that wasn't a common occurrence... (certainly I was surprised we got anywhere with one of us insisting that we stick on the first level when clearly the interesting stuff was on the second.)

Next up, got into some Call of Cthulhu, when we had Eagle One Down. I was Private Greenhorn in the platoon to recee an area, when our copter was shot down or something (never did find out what happened to it). When we got near our target, people started dying in our party and then we ended up fighting something with too many legs and eyes and maybe wings and... ewww... still, I didn't die or go insane. Wasn't even scratched. Huzzah!

Lastly, went into the weird Dingwall creation 24 Hours: Redux, in which... well, I won't give it away but I was a rockstar, a Hispanic woman and a con artist, and my last character won... as such... Yay!

[END]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope he never did turn up unfortunately and that caused a big headache. We lost 2 GMs in the first round, one we found out about at 8am and was a totally legit reason and the other was just MIA.

Sorry it meant you missed out on a game you wanted to play.

Jamas Enright said...

Got to play Old School D&D, which is not to be sneezed at.

In many ways Games on Demand looked so good I wouldn't have been sad to miss out on other games!