Wednesday 11 February 2009

The Chronicles of Risan: Part the Twenty-Third

The Warlock wandered off in the night (impressive considering the door was Arcane Locked), but we didn’t worry about him, and I instead got Reed to make me some nice bracers to help my fighting ability.

A banging at the door drew our attention to the presence of interested parties, in this case another troll with two minotaurs (apparently the way all trolls are kitted out), and they demanded entrance. Forcibly so. And then proceeded to demonstrate their disapproval that we weren’t an evil Drow scum necromancer.

On the one hand, they were reinforced by some wights. On the other, we got reinforced by the swordmage and the Dwarven fighter. It quickly became a real slog (during which I found out that I wasn’t fighting as well as I could have been all this time... bah!). Although it took time, we beat them all done, although the Dwarf approached death’s door...

Moving on to continue clearing the area, we moved on to the next structure, and found some ghouls (I think they were ghouls, might have been wraiths... or possibly ghasts. Too many undead critters) eating something surrounded by a pool of blood (a Warlock something? We’ll never know). While they were only a minor irritation, they were joined by some demons that were tougher combatants. I did my impression of an archer-style ranger, but eventually got stuck in, flashing steel and complete misses a plenty.

But we can’t stop for chatting now. After freeing a slave, there’s more yet to conquer today.

[END]

No comments: