Monday 16 March 2009

A game of cards

Made it to another WARGS meeting, but no Shadowrun (as the GM had the week wrong). So I could have joined in on Truth and Justice (which was tempting), but opted instead for the board games alternative. Can be interesting.

One thing I do like in my games is that they are cooperative. So many games are about gathering some kind of resource and the player with the most wins, so either play a strategy to boost your own points, or dick over the other players. Meh.

That said, of the options available, I went for Race for the Galaxy by Rio Grande Games. Definitely a strategy game (don't interact with the other players really), and I didn't really have much idea what I was doing. In fact, I'm pretty sure I came last. Still, I'm thinking if I did it again, I would definitely improve (although that's not to say that I won't come last again...).

A fun enough game, but, as I said, I like to go for cooperative gaming, in board games and in roleplaying games. There's many, many games out there, so WARGS is nice to find out about them.

[END]

No comments: