Monday 17 December 2012

An Unexpected Menace

[This will involve spoilers for the end of  the movie version of An Unexpected Journey, so I'll hide some of it from the main front page.]

I can't remember who originally noted it, but it is true that this is the second set of three movies. Created after the original set of three movies. But set before the original set of movies.

Yes, I'm saying that An Unexpected Journey is Peter Jackson's The Phantom Menace. And yes, I am saying this to troll.

But wait, there's more! We get to find out more about the history of one of the iconic characters from LOTR. And the mentor figure gets to feature more, and do more cool stuff with the aid of CGI!

And as an echo from the first movie (this bit hidden) the Azog/Thorin fight echoes the Lurtz/Boromir fight.

All with more CGI and chase sequences and changing from established history, this is everything we hoped TPM would be!

[END]

2 comments:

Jet Simian said...

Ooh you went to see it without me!!!

Jamas Enright said...

I saw all three of the Star Wars 'prequels' by myself.