Friday 1 November 2013

NZ One: Shihad - Home Again

If I say 'one take videos', you'll probably think of OK GO. Fair enough, most of theirs are. However, New Zealand music scene isn't unknown for this. And I'm not just talking about 'point a camera at the band as they play', I'm meaning they are actually doing something creative in the video. So here are five great examples that sit in my head I remember / found.

Shihad (or Pacifier if you are in America) had have quite a few hits, and this particular track was a huge hit over here. The music often comes to mind, even if I can’t immediately place it, and I need to look it up again.

This particular video looks like it is just ‘point camera as band mucks around’, but note that the video is playing in fast speed, and yet the lip sync is on target. Yeah, learn how to sing slowly guys. Here is Home Again:

[END]

4 comments:

evildicemonkey said...

When I think of OK GO I think of Freddie Wong, who proved their masterpiece was not a single take within hours of the video's release.


(And one take videos? I think of Radiohead's "No Surprises" and "Knives Out")

Jamas Enright said...

Did he? You got a link for that? (Because I'm too lazy to look, and other people might be interested.)

evildicemonkey said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV23EVZ-nc4
I can do that for you

Jamas Enright said...

Oh that video. The first OK GO one I always think of Here It Goes Again.