Saturday 11 April 2015

Another Mishop

I said that I would play Mishap 2, and there we are. Firstly, there are the same lack of screen options as before, so that's annoying. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to find out they did this game in conjunction with the previous one, given the similar feel and reuse of cast.

The ghost wife Elena is captured by... wait for it... Nailliv. Yep, it's that subtle. And he's taken over an island, so it's up the player to repeat the game play from last time, with the same number of rooms as before, and find all the objects, solve the riddles, and play those mini-games. And I will give credit here for the creators making up new rooms. Many other games would reuse rooms, but not here.

But the mini-games aren't any better. Indeed, many of them are worse, and I just skipped them as hard as I could. About two I enjoyed, of the eight. And there was an extra collectable object in each room in this game, although it was optional, and so it wasn't recorded if you got it or not. I missed just two of them, and there was no way to go back and get them.

This also had more extras, with wall papers and a cheat guide and behind the scenes (for the collector's edition at least).

More of the same.

[END]

No comments: