Saturday 2 July 2022

Foul Sense

If you talk about movies and are a New Zealander, sooner or later you talk about Peter Jackson, and refer to his earlier works. Now, I have seen Meet the Feebles, but not his earlier pieces... until now, I have seen the first one shot over four years... and it shows.

Cannibal aliens have come to New Zealand (as they do) and it's up the Boys to put paid to them. Which involves a lot of guns, brains, and splatter.

And it starts off in Maraka Bay! Don't tell me that's not where they are, I was just there a few weekends ago... it hasn't changed much. But then they head to the hills and there are certainly plenty of them around, but I can't say I recognised any particular other locations.

This has a high splatter and gore... but I have to say I expected more. Maybe when I watch the next one. But hey, cheap budget! And as for the script... no, there wasn't one. And yeah, I can tell. Lots of random scenes that feature running around. But again, first feature. And then there is the bad audio overdubbing. Ah, the earliness of it all!

Maybe I've had this overhyped but I can't say I was that overtaken by this. Even taking the age into account. It's... fine.

[END]

No comments: