Thursday 7 September 2023

Rising of the Biggie

Yeah, it took me a while 'cos I just didn't care...

The Maximals... okay, let's just pause there for a moment, that's a stupid name. Like, it was done way back in the '80s or whatever, but it sounds silly, 'cos it is silly. Anyway, the Maximals fails to stop Unicron, so they go to Earth and will later fail to stop Unicron then. Meanwhile, the Autobots are on Earth because... they are, and instead of Bumblebee being the main car we follow, we follow Mirage instead as he hooks up with Noah Diaz and it's all very gangster and hip hop and all them other things to show that this movie is down with the hood. And then they will fail to stop Unicron's minions. Failure all around, until they fail as one at the end.

This movie felt... just not much really. Not a lot happens, and amazingly lots of people fail to notice transforming robots all over the place, to protect the surprise of later movies, I assume? But when big cargo planes can just drop down anywhere and no-one notices, I just go "fine, whatever, I don't care".

At least the humans aren't as annoying as previous movies, even if a lot of happenstance has to happen to a) get them into the movie, and then b) make them relevant to anything that happens in the movie.

I'm glad I didn't bust myself getting to see this, because it is easily a "wait for home release" picture.

[END]

No comments: