Monday 8 January 2024

Saltburned

The trailer looks like this was going to be a crazy romp, so I'm excited!

20 minutes in: This is just boring.
40 minutes in: Met the family, they are all terrible people.
60 minutes in: Everyone is just terrible people.
80 minutes in: Is this one of them black comedies I don't get?
100 minutes in: Is there a revelation to come? I hope there's a revelation to come.
190 minutes in: What a waste of a movie.

So yeah, I didn't enjoy it much. I do have trouble with black comedies, but I can intellectually realise they are black comedies, and I couldn't process this as that. This is just one terrible person infiltrating themselves into the lives of others and making everyone miserable. This is not a movie I wanted to watch after all.

In terms of doing the script, great acting from all people, nothing to be said about them. Just complaints about how bad I found the script.

Hope my next movie choice is better.

[END]

No comments: