Friday 19 September 2008

The Chronicles of Risan: Part the Seventh

Us heroes (ha!) were called to the island of Mufu (or whatever it was called) to run a wee errand for the Vizier there. While getting details, we saw that they were a happy people, which made us immediately suspicious, and the people doing menial tasks marked with tattoos ("religious marks") were in no way suggestive of any kind of slave trade...

Turns out there's a necromancer nearby, and we're asked to see to him and his necromancer buddies and beasties. As we get to the island, we come across a fisherman and his fisher-zombie. The populace on the island are also happy, and they've sold themselves to get money now and their bodies become zombies later. Nice work if you can get it. (Zombies and skeletons do all the menial tasks.)

The party attempts to talk with the necromancer and maybe arrange some hiring/buying of zombies for themselves. I ask a probing question or two about where they get the parts from, which is graveyards and raiding other peoples! Small point to raise here: I'm Good, and the rest of the party is Unaligned. However, I still think this doesn't explain enough that when I'm outraged enough to attack, two of my own party turn against me! B*stards!

The necromancer does a runner, activating lots of zombies, and a big fight ensues, and the rest of the party deigns to be on my side in this (although, to be fair, the Warlock was happy to attack the necromancer as well). With the rest of the party doing their own thing, I get knocked out, but manage to stabilise before I die... I mean, before the others get around to coming to my aid. There are yet more zombies though, but we manage to put paid to them, but not before I am once again the damage magnet.

Once through them, we take on the necromancer, and his cleric and wizard buddy. Bashing ensues, and as he dies the necromancer's library goes up in flames, much to our wizard's dismay (hey, he wasn't joining me to begin with, sod him).

With one island annoyed at us for removing their easy zombie living, we set out to go back to the slave island and deal with that...

[END]

No comments: