Wednesday 23 December 2009

Who are these people?

I've lived at my current place for... I lose track, three, four years? By myself. So there has been plenty of opportunities for other people to figure out that other people do not live here.

So why am I still getting mail for people who aren't me?

I've got a Christmas Card for "Joanne and Peter". Who? No last name given. No return address. Can't do anything about it.

And now I've got something for "Gloria ." Who? Return address is Santa's Workshop, so I'm guessing this is some kind of Christmas letter that was arranged for Gloria, but they got the address wrong.

How? It is specifically my address (I'm in the first flat so get given mail to this number). Someone things that these people are living in my flat. Somehow are here even though no-one but me has been around for three or more years...

Anyone know of a service to find out who's listed as living at my home?

[END]

2 comments:

Paul Scoones said...

Are you renting where you're living? If so, the landlord might have a record of previous tennants who have occupied your place.

You'd think though that after four years people would have picked up on the fact that the recipient of their mail has moved.

For a few years after we got our current PO Box address we continued to receive mail intended for both the Dept. of Conservation and a diving shop.

Jamas Enright said...

I've had a change of landlords, so they can't help. I've had mail from the previous two tenants, so I think I would recognise that (although couldn't name them at the moment).