Tuesday 23 March 2010

El Club

[Taking into account what I can see vs. what I have seen vs. what I want to see, there are some slim pickings...]

I wasn't entirely sure what to expect going in to see this. The description of The Club was rather vague, and I wasn't entire sure what sort of club it was. Maybe a resort of some kind?

Turns out it is a sports club, reminiscent of an older style social club. People gather, take sport related classes, or otherwise gather around the pool to chat and generally gossip.

We met a young champion in training, some water polo players, a female body builder (also in training), and other people. They have threads that run through the movie... but it's hard to say there's a coherent narrative, or indeed any kind of structure at all. The movie did seem struggling to say more than "here is our club... here it is..."

General vague interest, but nothing that provoking.


[END]

No comments: