Tuesday 25 January 2011

I've Been Watching...

This time, I worked my way through The Keys of Marinus. Spaced it over a few days, and the pace of the story, quite enjoyable! Although I want to go through TSV issues and read Altos Loves Yartek strips... (which aren't online :( ).

This was the first story to have an episode (in fact two) without the Doctor in it. Is it still Doctor Who if there's no Doctor? How far can you go with no Doctor and still call it Doctor Who? At what point do you call it Torchwood or Sarah Jane Adventures? Anyway, William Hartnell is visibly better after two weeks holiday. You can understand why they go for younger actors...

There's not a lot of features on the disc. There is an interesting feature with Ray Cusick, where he says how much he completely failed to like anything about this story. Have to side with the commentary that the picture hides a lot of issues. I also liked the photo gallery, which I usually just skim through. However...

After seeing those photos, in particularly the colour photos... I'm with Carol Ann Ford. Yes, getting animations or similar of the missing episodes would be nice, but I've love to see one of these black and white series done in colour. Especially this episode. There are some sets and costumes that would be amazing!

Off to Babelcolour!

[END]

No comments: