Monday 16 June 2014

Adjustmental Bureau

I hadn't seen this Philip K Dick movie adaptation before, and now... I'm not whelmed.

In the first part of the movie, two crazy kids get together although they aren't supposed to and are split for a time... and in the second part, exactly the same thing happens. And then in the third part, we get extreme Deus ex... Deus to pull a happy ending out.

While watching this, I was reminded a lot of Fringe, with their hatted bald men, although the Dick story would have preceded (influenced?) that. The ultimate explanation (which I admittedly didn't get until I read the trivia on IMDB) is rather lame, but then it would have been hard to give a properly satisfying explanation.

And the performances didn't captured me either. Everyone feels one note, even Matt Damon and Emily Blunt. I didn't feel their chemistry and I didn't care if they were together or not, and it was only the movie going on about it that I knew the story was about that. Anthony Mackie was about the only performance I was engaged by. The special effects, which largely consisted of going through doors, was nice but not enough for a jaded me.

Yeah, this didn't impress me at all.

[END]

No comments: