Monday 28 July 2014

Under the Skin

I’m not one to leap to the claim of "Pretentious", but I’m going to do so for Under the Skin.

The woman prowls the streets of London, seducing men and bringing them back to be absorbed. While there are a few men protecting her, they are unable to stop her from becoming entranced by humanity until her curiosity takes her too far…

A lot has been made of how this is filmed with real people, but considering what happens, I’m not sure that that much 'real people' footage was used. At least it shows that as a hot starlet you can still be disguised with normal clothes and (I assume) a wig.

Still, if you want to see Scarlett Johansson nude, this is the movie for you. (And, to be balanced, there are a fair few naked men as well.)

I'm sure this movie will be hyped as "indie" and Johansson's role won't hurt, but there's a large gap between "different" and "good".

[END]

No comments: