Tuesday 1 September 2015

I've Been Watching

I like playing Minecraft, but I need something more than just the game to occupy my time... so I slipped in Terror of the Autons. Annoyingly, it's only available with Spearhead from Space so I have like three or four copies of that now.

It's definitely been a while since I've seen it. I know most of the more talked about beats, of course, the arm chair swallowing scene, the doll, the plastic flowers, the face off cop... but now I get to see them again! And, of course, the introduction of Roger Delgado. And another Time Lord (is there some fan theory about who that is supposed to be? Probably, but I can't recall it.). There's a fair bit mixed in here, but it's also quite repetitive of the Master trying to kill the Doctor over and over again, pad out to four episodes. Oh, and there are some Autons in there, but meh, whatever.

There are a few specials on the disc, talking about the Master and the third Doctor and stuff.. and by the time you've watched them all, don't worry about listening to the commentary track, because we've heard the stories by then. And while I admit I wasn't reading all the production subtitle track, the bits I saw didn't stand out as giving away anything amazing. Some missing scenes and such, which did help explain a few bits of the stories, but otherwise once again more actor credits.

The story feels better than the rest of the disc, and I'm glad I rewatched it.

[END]

No comments: