Sunday 19 June 2016

Conjuratering 2

I really liked the first movie, and rewatched it in preperation, could the second one live up to it?

After an opening in Amityville (really? that old chestnut?), we switch over to Enfield. Having recently watched the BBC production of it, I know it wasn't really the Warrens who dealt with it, but it seems they were involved. Anyway, there's a family of a mother, two daughters and two sons, with one daughter being the conduit. The Warrens reluctantly get involved, and slowly come to realise that it's fake... no, I mean it's really true. But there's something else threatening the pair that comes from their past.

A lot of this reminded me of Ghost Watch. I really want to get around to watching that again. As for this itself... I have to say that it wasn't as good as the first movie. The Warrens take far too long to get involved, and their own monster feels like it pads out the movie to being too long. (Indeed, it was bulked out, I feel like it would have worked better if it was hinted at more, and was the focus of another movie.)

There are decent performances, and the production is good... however, I could spot a few of the tricks coming from a mile off. That said, there were a few jump scares that got me. So congrats for that.

Will there be a third? There could be, but I feel like they shot their load already, so I'm okay if there isn't.

[END]

No comments: