Saturday 4 June 2016

Phantatasm I

June is the month of Phantasms, so we start with Part I.

A kid and his brother live near a cemetery, where the older brother's friend is interred. The caretaker is extremely creepy, and the kid is caught up as there are weird dwarfs and the caretaker kills others, and the friends get involved and there's an alternative dimension and...

To be honest, this movie just gets weird, and it feels like it's weird for the sake of being weird. No real story to what is going on, just random strangeness. The ending battle is a mixture of strange things happening quickly and hopefully the bizarre images will make you think something cool is happening, possibly something even scary? But no, not for me.

There are another three movies, and I'll watch them. I just hope they become more coherent.

[END]

No comments: