Sunday 28 November 2021

Last Night in Soho

I can't say I was agog for the latest Edgar Wright, but I was always going to watch it eventually.

Eloise comes to London, but finds herself dropping into the past and lining up with Sandie and her glory days. Only it turns out, it's not all glory and indeed at moments rather gory days. Unfortunately, Eloise isn't finding it easy not to be there, and the past becomes present in very unpleasant ways.

This movie certainly goes places. The nature of the movie changes slowly, and gets very dark indeed. I didn't forsee pretty much anything, so yeah, completely caught by surprise. Pleasantly so! Wright does good work.

All talk is about how good Thomasin McKenzie and Anna Taylor-Joy are, but... I completely failed to realize that was Dame Diana Rigg there! Wow! And of course there's Matt Smith here, but I didn't have a problem disassociating him from his rather more well known performance. And Terrance Stamp! Always a treat!

And indeed, this whole movie is gorgeous to watch, great cinematography with amazing choreography of movements... Definitely check it out if you were hesitating!

[END]

No comments: