Friday 5 November 2021

Titane

I gather that people really love this. Indeed, it won a Palme D'or. It's... weird.

A girl is involved in a car crash, and gets a Titanium skull plate... and later grows up to be a rather psychotic young woman. Conversely, there's father that lost his son, and the woman is looking for a place to hide, so 1 + 3 = 2...

Yeah, as I said, it's weird. The main weirdness is that woman is pregnant, but doesn't seem to be, but is heavy pregnant, but isn't...

Agathe Rousselle puts on a heck of a performance, with not much dialogue, but plenty of screen time to show her stuff. Vincent Lindon also has a heck of a role, and sells a lot of things well.

It's a full on character piece about lengths people will go to, and I can see that it looks like a great movie, but I wouldn't say this is a movie I'll want to watch again.

[END]

No comments: