Friday 28 January 2011

The Liev Schreiber Trope

While re-watching Salt, I saw that Liev Schreiber is in it. (Yeah, like you remembered anyone in that other than Angelina.) And I remembered a basic premise about Liev's roles. He's usually a jerk, and ultimately ends up:
a) the bad guy; or
b) dead.
Or both. And not necessarily in that order.

However, as I'm about to discuss several movies of his, and possibly give away spoilers, I'm going to hide the rest of this away. Note: I'm not going for all his movies, just those I can remember, so mainly the action ones...

Start with Salt. Is revealed as a), then ends up b).

In X-Men Origins: Wolverine, he starts out as Logan's brother, but ends up as Sabertooth, so a) he is! Doesn't get b) though.

In The Omen he completely fails to be a). b) is de rigueur for those movies though...

His a) status in The Manchurian Candidate is debatable. His b) status isn't.

He nearly survives the Scream movies, but by number 3, he's b).

Phantoms is interesting in that first he is b)... and then he becomes a).

...and I can't remember any others. Anyone else?

[END]

No comments: