Friday 6 July 2012

This is a (thin) thing

There is a man... thing. It is tall, and thin. It's arms and legs can stretch out and people, children, walk into its embrace... it is the Slender Man. And it was made up by the Something Awful forums.

Now, let's be honest, all the mythical creatures were made up by someones, whether deliberately or through misunderstanding, this one is just more open about it. Although there are Slender Man documentaries (bad ones, considering the rubbish out there for UFOs and ghosts and such, couldn't we get a better one?) and blogs, so... as I said, this is a thing. Can't say I've ever heard of it before... but there might be material one could mine for RPG adventures...

Oh, and it's a computer game. Very Amnesia like, it's main gimmick is SURPRISE IT'S THE SLENDER MAN!!!!

Fortunately, it's free, because it's just beta, so there's a long way to go. Survival horror doesn't appeal to me, but I am interested in this whole Slender Man thing.

I must make up my own mythical creation some time...

Source: The Escapist Magazine.

[END]

No comments: