Friday 15 February 2013

Harlem Shake Down

This is a new thing that is happening. The upside is that the videos are just 30 seconds long, so it doesn't take long overall to catch up with most of them. For example:


The downside is... why the hell did this go anywhere near viral? Is it because it's 30 seconds and thus easy to reproduce? Because it lets people spasm about? The 'original' video didn't even do this, and it wasn't until V2 (and being a 'version' is easy enough, just title yourself that) is where the format actually establishes itself.

Still, at least I can sort of say I was there when it happened, even though I didn't pay any attention to it for a day or so. And this is a thing that happens.


On the flip side, it looks to be dead already, so that's over with.

[END]

2 comments:

Jet Simian said...

I've seen four versions now and apart from the ones you posted, and *particularly* the 'Stuff' one - I think they're pretty incrapable.

Of course, ten years ago we were all about the "Whassup", weren't we?

Jamas Enright said...

I can't say I have ever Wassaup'd, but it was in Scary Movie... so yeah, take that culture!