Thursday 16 January 2014

Sheer luck!

There was a game I used to play, way back when I had an IBM machine that was pre-2000 and ran x86 architecture and... you know, old. I played so many hours of it, I got through hundreds if not thousands of games of it...

Sherlock! From Everett Kaser software. Yes, I brought a copy, and played it a freaking ton. Having just been reminded of it, I'm wanting to play it again... but I don't want to pay $20 for it (again!). It is available on some abandonware sites, but they are old versions of it. I want something up-to-date and, well, supported.

Honeycomb Hotel was another one of theirs I played. A lot. But, yeah... $20 again? What? Not in today's market place. If it was $20 for the whole set of games (of which I only really played those two), that I could go for, but not each.

But, hey... it's on touch devices. Sherlock and Honeycomb Hotel are free on Android. At least, have free versions. And two level of pay versions with different amount of puzzles, but let's stick with free first. Yay! And I get to see how well it plays on touchscreen before investing more, so that's a good thing. Anyway, I'm back off to work out who's in which room and where the honeycomb walls are...

[END]

No comments: