Saturday 22 March 2014

Weetbix Squares

I can't believe I haven't already posted this. These were biscuits I used to make as a kid. I could just rattle off the recipe, and put it together like that... Now, not so much (not least of because of the butter and sugar). But this is simple to do. (And if you are not sure what Weet-bix are.)

Ingedients:
2 Weetbix
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cocoa
1 tea spoon baking powder
6 oz. butter

Method:
Crush the 2 Weetbix into a bowl, then mix in all other dry ingredients.
Melt the butter and pour into the mixture, and mix thoroughly.
Spread evenly into a tin (I use a 20cm/8in tin), then bake in an oven preheated to 180C for 15-20 minutes.
While still warm cover with chocolate icing (for a treat, put a layer of peppermint icing on first). Leave the icing to set for a few minutes, then cut, and leave to set.

Easy! :)

[END]

1 comment:

Kayger said...

Those are honestly so delicious, we've got a similar recipe just simply called "Weetbix Slice" lol. But yeah, super yummy and the only form of weetbix I can handle!