Tuesday 10 June 2014

Berlin

Well, it was bound to happen. Last night was Lou Reed's Berlin.

This is a film of an album. In 2007, Lou Reed eventually played live his album Berlin, and this was filmed, and put together with some other filmic inserts. There are also some extra songs of his performed with the rest of the album. And this is a big production, with band and choir and...

Yeah, this wasn't for me. I haven't heard Lou Reed before, and can't say I'm looking out for more of his stuff. This reminded me (I'm not entirely sure why, but this is the association I made) of Pink Floyd, and some of their concept album movies... in fact, I'd rather go watch the live version of The Wall again. Certainly I got time because.... I left after 20 minutes. Yep, I skipped out on the movie. As I said, bound to happen eventually, but this wasn't for me.

See if this appeals to you:

[END]

No comments: