Tuesday 17 February 2015

Eddie et voila!

He should have called it that instead of Force Majure. More fitting with his topic.

Yes, this is Eddie Izzard, and I saw his performance here in Wellington the other night. He was... surreal in a lot of places. Started with Human Sacrifice, took in some of the kings of England and brought back some classic pieces for a bit of a sequel.

(I think I did see this as a DVD release, but it's certainly different live, and it might just be some bits I remember as he does occasionally repeat material as he's changing things around.)

However, some parts were a little too surreal. Even at times even Eddie wasn't sure where he was going. And some times he went beyond what I could follow. But I just waited, I knew he'd be back.

Basically, I laughed and enjoyed myself. And that's what counts.

[END]

2 comments:

evildicemonkey said...

I haz a jealous.
Eddie Izzard is one of the few comedians I want to see but have not seen live.

Jamas Enright said...

He went on about liking to play at Wembley, so keep an eye on that.