Wednesday 5 August 2015

The Assassin

Ah that classic story of the woman sent to assassinate her previous betrothed. How often have we seen that? This is The Assassin.

This is set in history (so expect wire-fu), and we have a princess returned to her territory of Weibo (and yes, I kept thinking of Weebo), under instruction to assassinate the governor, to whom she had previous been betrothed to. From there, we get the cat and mouse game of her tracking him slowly, with her heart causing her (emotional) problems and...

Okay, confession time. I'm not 100% well, it was a dark theatre, I could lie back (sort of) in my chair... and I may have dozed off more than once. In my defence, this is a VERY slow movie, and huge slabs of nothing happens at a time, and I wasn't the only one who did fall asleep.

Much is made of how this looks, but I think I prefer the visuals of, say, House of 1000 Daggers.

So didn't end up being the movie for me...

[END]

No comments: