Sunday 4 November 2007

Spore from Ork

Spore is a new computer game coming out...some time that is basically SimLife. You start with a one celled creature, have it move around and reproduce, at which point you can modify it, and have the new creature live, and eventually progress to multi-cellular, complex life forms, then to civilisations, etc...

There is a full demonstration on YouTube, but check out this demonstration of how to use the creature editor with a very special guest star.



[END]

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've just been reading up on this game - it looks pretty cool.

My fear is that it may try to encompass too many genres and styles of play that it may not succeed.

Will Wright is a bit of a legend though, so I'm looking forward to being proven wrong!

Jamas Enright said...

Did you watch the demo I linked to (not the insert)?

Yeah, it looks like a good game, and I'm not a big Sims fan!

Anonymous said...

No...(hangs head in shame). I will go look at the demo and salivate.

I did play The Sims (the first one) quite a bit, then realised I was better off playing a game called "Life". Ha. Anyway, I played The Sims 2 a little but it didn't really grab me - yeah, it's unique and more or less the first game but better graphics etc. When I play games I generally want some escapism elements included.

However, The Sims is very interesting in that I think it has a great % of female gamers then male gamers playing.

Jamas Enright said...

Yeah, a (female) friend of mine is a BIG fan of the Sims, has the expansion packs, etc...

Anonymous said...

Do you think Spore will appeal to her?

Jamas Enright said...

Wouldn't immediately say so. Sims seems to be about the characters, where as Spore is about the creatures.