Saturday 4 September 2010

Dead and... Reanimated?

So Benny finally makes it onto the screen... as such. Big Finish has produced a CGI Benny in her own CGI adventure. Perhaps this is what she needs to finally get attention of the masses?

Um... except... this is really only a short scene in some greater plot. I haven't been keeping up with the Benny books (and audios, but really the books were the main plot drivers) from Big Finish, so when Benny describes her situation, I'm like "huh?" I can guess where that came from, but I'm thinking that isn't exactly open to the public...

But maybe this is just a wee moment and then we'll get a typical Benny adventure? Sort of. It might be because I've been dealing with video games recently, but I felt an urge to start a quick time event, or at least point and click for the next thing to happen. But that's nothing to do with BF. It was rather odd that the robot did identify her...

And then we hit the end moment, which reinforces the 'greater arc' feeling. On one hand it could make people want to check it out... on the other, it could annoy people that it needs knowledge they don't have and thereby alienate your hopefully larger audience... I get where they are coming from, and still find myself in the latter camp...

But then again, I might finally get around to catching up with the BF stuff I have sitting there... along with all the other DW stuff I have sitting there... not to mention everything else... still, BF aren't losing the Benny license any time soon. There's time yet to catch up, one day...


[END]

No comments: