Sunday 9 January 2011

I've Been Watching...

Over the past few days, I've worked my way through Four To Doomsday. It's been a while since I've seen it (possibly not since it first screened over here), and I remembered bits about it more than I remembered it itself, so was definitely looking forwards to it.

Oh dear. Not the most exciting story. I recalled there being more Recreational than there was, but that's not to say that there isn't a lot of Recreational in this, and I doubt any of the ethnicities involved are eager to applaud their efforts. These are used as backgrounds to the Doctor and others plotting, and there's a great scene where the Doctor lets rip at Adric, clearly showing that this Doctor isn't all sweetness and light (and indeed, 'tetchy' is a word I would associate with the Peter Davison Doctor).

I am disappointed by the lack of the basic "talking head" documentary. The studio shooting is interesting, and they have great fun on the commentary (although please, keep Janet quiet!), but it does seem like they didn't put the effort into this that they have into other DVDs.

[END]

No comments: