Tuesday 19 April 2011

Zy-go away

So what is the worst Doctor Who spin off video of all time? Well... there is Lust in Time, which was extremely abysmal. So let's restrict it to BBV... again, I have seen Do You Have A License To Save This Planet? Sigh, okay, in the past three years...

Zygon: When being you isn't enough... yes, that is extremely terrible, and fits the criteria perfectly. Appearance Lance Parkin and Jonathan Blum working on the script? However, they got rewritten out, but that doesn't explain why the people who are associated with it willingly were so...

Basic concept: guy dreams of being a Zygon, turns out he is, and there's another one around who wants him back, and converts the girlfriend into a Zygon, and... oh yes, there's nudity. To be fair and balance, male and female full frontal nudity, but never mind balance, I'd prefer there to be 110% less nudity all around. I would admit that the nudity is completely justified by the script... but I'd be lying. Nothing is justified by the script, certainly the scenes aren't. Trying to following the story (before apathy kicks in), I got the impression that they lost random pages of the script but decided to go ahead and film what they had.

The production is typical for BBV... and I mean that in a good way. They've had a lot of experience shooting fan films, and have that down and the CGI and all... one small problem being that the actors completely fail to embody their characters and are entirely unconvincing and generally look like they've been given the directorial note "just act, we'll capture it on the camera, and that's great!".

I saw this because I had the opportunity to. If the opportunity comes up for you, I recommend giving it a miss...

[END]

No comments: