Sunday 15 July 2012

Sydney and me

I wasn't here last week. I was away in the land of the... actually, I'm not sure how it is described. I was over in Australia. In Sydney to be more precise. A city with the population the size of New Zealand...


It was a business conference, so I didn't have time to wander around. But I still have some observations, the main one being: Australians have little sense of personal space. Or possibly shoppers do. Certainly when I was walking around in a local supermarket, I was bumped by so many people. Yes, could do with wider aisles, but still...

I manage some walking around. And took a lot of photos. Yes, mainly of buildings. Buildings are less likely to raise an issue if they don't want to be photographed. I might separate the photos into University of Sydney and city... but don't hold your breath.

I also managed the spectacular effort of not spending any money. I did very nearly buy something when I was at the Museum of Contemporary Art, but there doesn't seem to be a book of the artist I liked.

Videos to come!

[END]

No comments: