Tuesday 17 June 2014

Portrait of Jason

From the director that brought us The Connection, we have another movie Portrait of Jason.

Jason is a homosexual black man, and he tells his story of various events in his life, and laughs. A lot. I could have done with subtitles because I often couldn't work out exactly what he was saying while laughing, and there was off screen dialogue I had trouble with too. And after nearly two hours... the film ends.

I'm not sure at all I got this. These days, this would be more of an ongoing monologue piece with a proper through line, here it was just wee snippets of anecdotes stitched together (partly due, I suspect, not being able to film for long sequences). What the point of it was escapes me.

A nice view into one chap's life story, but otherwise...

[END]

No comments: