Monday 19 January 2015

Pete and Dud

One of the earlier comic duos were Pete and Dud... Peter Cook and Dudley Moore. Peter Cook's dry wit just slays and Dudley Moore can hardly keep up. I wonder how often Peter just goes off on his own monologue, only barely paying attention to the script, while Dudley tries to keep up. Check out their sketch show Not Only... But Also

Plenty of clips on youtube, and their Gallery sketch is a classic:

One of the best bits is watching Dudley trying to keep a straight face while Peter goes on, having at some points to cram a sandwich in his mouth to stop himself cracking up.

[END]

2 comments:

evildicemonkey said...

I can't add anything except I completely agree with everything you wrote in your post, so I'll do that

"I completely agree with everything you wrote in your post"

Jamas Enright said...

So you let me off for not mentioning Derek and Clive? Shame on you!