Wednesday 24 June 2015

Waywand Pins

Another series based on a series of books, in which there is a weird town.

We start with a Secret Security agent waking up in the weird town... and I'm already wondering if I should watch Twin Peaks again. Weird things happen, and then his family join him, but he isn't able to connect to outside, and it seems the town is isolated.

And then the truth is revealed to the audience. I'm not going to spoil what it is, I will say I didn't see it coming... because it's really bizarre. And doesn't make a lot of sense. The town shouldn't be the way it is. Sure, people would have trouble believing it, but still there should be more signs of this truth is what's around them.

One person involved in this is M. Night Shyamalan, so of course there's something else going on. What a twist! But this is more late stage M. Night that his earlier work.

I gave it a fair shake... but that's enough. Onto something else.

[END]

No comments: