Sunday 12 June 2016

Speed Running Live!

You may have heard of Games Done Quick, in which games are speed run quickly as part of a charity event.

Well, what if you want to watch a speed run outside of then? You could watch an archive of them. Or try to find something on YouTube.

There is also another option. Which I think was something I found because I expected it to be there.

Speed Runs Live.

These are basically Twitch streams that are filtered for speed runs (I presume by the caster themselves). They are ordered by number of watchers, and there are a fair few Mario games, Zelda, Banjo-Kazooie, Mega Man, Kirby and others.

The quality, as ever, varies by streamer. Some are more amusing that others. And these are speed runs, so sometimes the caster does tend to reset the game, so I hope you like watching the first parts over and over again!

Anyway, it can be another way to while away the time.

[END]

No comments: